Sunday, May 24, 2015

Comfortable Chic

Hi Y'all, I'm just sharing some inspiration after reading a blog article online, read more here: http://harperandharley.com/2015/05/how-to-be-chic-and-comfortable-at-the-same-time (sans the heels). I thought I'd share a little bit about myself and style. 

I've given up wearing "high heels" years ago. After working in Corportate America for many years I wore the traditional work uniform. You all know what I mean..."button down cardigans, dress slacks and the ever so uncomfortable high heels." Working long eight hours plus being in Administration Hospital Management (i.e. exempt position) often meant working many long hours and you guessed it on the floor touching basis with my staff and patients. So walking the floors of a large hospital in killer, fierce heels some days took a great toll on me. But, I've realized that my style has morphed into so much more in my transition to a more wholistic and creative lifestyle.

I would capture my style as simply stated, "casual chic." I'm a definite girly-girl and LOVE the feminity of dress and style but I'm also about comfort! So, no more high heels for me! Of course, I would wear a pair if the decorum fits the occasion, but on a day-to-day basis you'll find me in my comfy Toms! I love their cause..."one for one." For every pair of Toms purchased they donate a pair to someone in need. 

So to each her own. I love fashion & style and love to wear my comfy shoes as well! 

Like mommy, like son. Beckham & I matching with our Toms. 

I love this casual chic outfit with my ombré espadrilles. 

Once again you'll find me in my chic, pink Toms.



Looking forward to sharing more with you. I hope you all have a great Memorial Day! 

No comments:

01 09 10