Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy New Year


Hey y'all I hope your holiday season was great. I'm looking forward to a happy and prosperous NEW YEAR! Over the holidays my family and I took a road trip to good Ole' Georgia to visit family. 

The whole gang and I jumped in the car and drove across country to Atlanta. We spent a good amount of time visiting, relaxing and enjoying our time with family. Here are some pictures from our trip.

Of course, I had to have dinner at one of my favorite spots. Here I am with my cousin Minashia at The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. 

I even managed to fit in a workout at Pure Barre located in Snelleville. It was my first time and it was challenging but great.

I visited  Whole Foods, one of the finest  grocery stores in Atlanta area. Their Whole Foods market did not disappoint.

They had a variety of different ice creams and gelatos to choose from. This was great because I love ice cream and trying new flavors.

I chose the Basil Gelato. Can we say it was heaven. Yum!! It had fresh basil in it too! I'd definitely recommend it. Trust me!

I also visited Pappadeaux Restaurant in Alpharetta, GA. We did the New Year's Brunch. It was my first time at Pappadeaux and I loved it. You know I love me some seafood gumbo!

Their Hibiscus Lemonade was great too.  

Here's the Mr.  and I celebrating New Year's Eve with my Sister-in-law and her husband. Cheers!!

We visited the infamous Underground in Atlanta. 

I got my usual candy apples that I get each trip. My cousin Kendra and I have been getting these for years since we were little girls. So I decided to pick up a few for my Littles.

On our way home we stopped at another one of the Restaurants to try on my Bucket List. We ate at Cracker Barrel in Albiene, TX (I hope I got that right). The food was good and the hospitality was great. It had good ole' southern charm. I ordered cheese grits, hash brown casserole and turkey bacon. Mmmm!

Here's a picture of the entry into the restaurant. 

The ride home was a long three-day ride.  We stopped a few times along the way but it was mostly vast land (nothing to write home about). Here's my attempt to get a scenic view in Mississippi. 

Here's a picture of the Welcome Center in Louisiana  once you've entered across the state line. 

I knew we were almost home when we saw the ever so familiar windmills in Palm Springs. This scenic view is a reminder that we were close to home.

Overall, we had a great trip. The kids enjoyed themselves and I enjoyed spending time with my family. It's not often that we take a trip back south. It was a first for a family cross country road trip and we survived!! That of course my friends means that I'm ready to tackle what the New Year has to bring!

I wish you all a joyous New Year!!

No comments:

01 09 10