My house is filled with boys. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.
We have three boys at home (ages 14, 8 and 1) which have taught me so much. And not just about how to relax and not sweat the small stuff. They’ve made me a better person. I appreciate so much more about life because I have them barreling their way through it right next to me. They’ve taken this girly girl out of my comfort zone and into a life I love. I couldn’t imagine a life not as the mom of boys.
I think there are parts of the boy mom experience that are universal. There are certain things that just define this particular stage in life with these particular species of humans. So I've taken the opportunity to compile a short list.
10 Signs You're A Mom of Boys:
1. Your house is louder than a football stadium. (There's never a dull moment...or moment of silence). Lol.
2. Your grocery bill is astronomical.
3. You bought a car based solely on how much equipment you could fit in the trunk.
4. You realize anything can be turned into a sword.
5. You no longer flinch when you see someone jumping from something high.
6. School pants and jeans all have holes in it by November.
7. You have to clean your toilets daily.
8. At some point you notice the change in smell from “OMG sooo sweet” to “Get that tween some AXE.”
9. You can use your keyboard, iphone, iPad, but there’s a good chance your fingers will get stuck to it.
10. Nothing fazes you anymore, SERIOUSLY!!
Well...I think that pretty much wraps up my list. For those mothers to boys did I leave anything off the list?