Creamy Tomato Basil Bisque
Prep Time: 20 minutesCook Time: 50 minutes
1 large yellow onion, chopped1 sweet red pepper, chopped2 (14 1/2 oz) cans diced tomatoes2 medium plum tomatoes, chopped2/3 cup basil, chopped3 tbs sugar1 1/2 cups creamSalt and pepper
1. Cook onion and red pepper in butter in a stew pot until soft.
2. Add diced tomatoes and fresh tomatoes. Stir and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
3. Remove from heat. Add sugar, basil, salt and pepper and stir.
4. With an immersion blender, blend ingredients until smooth. While blending slowly add cream.
5. Return to heat until heated through. Do not boil. And you're DONE! Yep, it's that easy!!
Post a Comment