Thursday, August 29, 2013

Design Remix Challange

Lately I've been inspired to do some redecorating around our home. With the change in season soon I decided what better time than now. I love the fall it's one of my favorite seasons. I love the rich autumn colors of oranges, olive greens and deep purple hues. 

We've been in our home for some time and I have the same decor for what seems like ages. So I decided to redo our dinning room area and spruce it up a bit by changing out the old and doing something new. However, this did not come without a challenge. As the title says it was a design REMIX Challenge. That is, I had to use existing pieces that I already had around the house and repurpose into a new design element.

The before. Our dinning room screams boring with a basic design scheme.

I consider my design style to be modern traditional. I like traditional pieces with a modern twist.

My new choice of colors included burnt orange, olive green and chocolate brown.

I added a few new pieces that I had elsewhere in our home.

The newly redecorated buffet. I love the mix of colors and the white ceramic artichoke statement piece.

Overall, I think the rearrangement of items came out nicely.

What do you think? I'd love to hear your feedback.




2 comments:

Faith said...

I love it! Really looks so good!

Astrid Mickens said...

Thanks, Faith. I'm so happy with the new changes.

01 09 10